Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday


Today is my birthday. I am 29 today. And when I opened my browser the Google icon had a birthday cake. I thought that was awesome. They linked some information I have them and recognizing it was my birthday they put up a Google cake icon. Then I noticed it went to http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/ten-years-and-counting.html which talks about Google being 10 years old. Funny coincidence.

Well happy birthday Google - they agressively search the web all day long and display minimalist style results for major speed, massive content, and a huge global audience. When my web site logs show me the MSN or Yahoo bots and spiders showing up even half the time of Google, I will know they are trying to compete. Until they its not even a chance to say you are as relevant with a system that gathers everything every hour of every day with a system that on once site I ran had the #2 and #3 competitors showing up as often in a month that google does in a day. Multiply that to every site and you have a massive spider gathering network. And that is where you can then do your algorythms. If your routines are better but your data is older, your results are going to be off. Its a matter of odds.

Popularity: 15%

No comments:

Sponsored Links